With Optimized Battery Charging, your Apple Watch learns from your daily charging habits to improve the lifespan of your battery. And Apple Watch Ultra offers additional battery charge optimizations with Optimized Charge Limit.
When the feature is turned on, your watch delays charging past 80% in certain situations. In these situations, the watch's battery level remains between 75% and 80%. Your watch uses on-device machine learning to learn your daily charging routine so that Optimized Battery Charging activates only when your watch predicts it will be connected to a charger for an extended period of time. The algorithm aims to ensure that your Apple Watch is still fully charged when you remove it from the charger.
You can make your watch charge to full before it's scheduled to do so:
- Make sure that your Apple Watch is connected to its charger.
- Tap your watch to show the charging screen, then tap the circle with the green or yellow charging icon .
- Tap Charge to Full Now.
If you want to turn off Optimized Battery Charging:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Scroll down, then tap Battery.
- Tap Battery Health.
- Turn off Optimized Battery Charging.